Mintent helps demand generation teams increase leads and reduce the time it takes for their content development by connecting their content ideation, strategy, workflows, and planning directly into Marketo.
Our comprehensive Marketo integration allows teams to publish their content directly from Mintent into Marketo landing pages and email templates for distribution, as well as closing the loop on performance metrics by pulling in Marketo analytics.
The Old Way—Unstructured, ad-hoc content development and analytics in disparate solutions
Many marketing and demand generation teams use a variety of unconnected software tools and rely on unstructured and ad hoc steps in their content development process to produce the results they want. Anyone that has been involved in creating content to be published on platfqorms like Marketo knows there are a ton of steps:
- First, your team needs to agree on an idea for the content. This process commonly involves lots of email and team meetings. For an unlucky few, they will probably try to keep track of all of this in a spreadsheet and keep the team up to date with emails.
- Once the team has agreed on an idea, you need to decide what persona(s) the content will be written for and what stage(s) of the buyer journey it will be most impactful. If the ideas are being logged in a spreadsheet, it’s pretty likely that’s where the buyer persona and buyer journey information will end up too.
- When the idea and target audience is nailed down, you need to decide who on the team will complete each step in the content development process. Task delegation typically takes place at team meetings, then gets buried in an email thread shared amongst your team.
- Now your team can get down to business and focus on what they do best: creating engaging content that spurs your target audience to act in an intended way. The easy part.
- The content draft is done and you need to get feedback from the rest of the team. For most this means sending out more emails to multiple people, chasing busy coworkers for suggestions and reconciling multiple draft versions.
- Approvals, check! Many organizations rely on informal approval processes before publishing content which can create brand alignment risk. All too often, content that has a negative impact on brands can slip through the cracks. With a structured governance model, only content that is aligned can be published.
- And finally, publish your Marketo content and disseminate it to the world.
- Watch it grow. Once the content has been distributed through Marketo, it’s important to carefully monitor the performance for insight into areas of improvement. There are a lot of variables that can affect the performance of content so the more data on performance the better.
- Repeat for improvement.
From agreeing on an idea to measuring the performance of a content item there are eight steps and upwards of four different applications (email, spreadsheets, Word/Google Doc and Marketo) that marketing teams use to create content for distribution through Marketo.
In isolation this process isn’t a disaster, but as teams scale their demand generation, these ad hoc steps can put a serious drag on performance and resource allocation.
Marketo + Mintent—a unified way to plan, execute, distribute, and measure content tied to demand gen
Over the years, the team at Mintent has spoken to hundreds of demand generation and content marketing professionals. One common theme we’ve seen is a persistent frustration with tools that aren’t driving the ROI that was expected. Best in class marketing automation tools like Marketo are great, but managing content which is supposed to be aligned to corporate goals and scheduling it with the rest of your company’s content can be extremely time consuming and administratively challenging.
Using Mintent alongside Marketo allows teams to approach Ideation, Persona and Buyer Journey, task assignment and approval processes systematically with repeatable process and predictable outcomes.
Once eight individual steps can be reduced to five, with the other three being predefined and automated in Mintent your team can:
- Ideate and transform ideas to meaningful content aligned to your target audience, buyer cycle, and marketing themes in one central location.
- Move an approved idea to your editorial calendar and automatically assign to the right team member. With standardized workflows, Mintent will completely manage the task handovers and notifications.
- Pull in your Marketo templates and predefined settings, publish to Marketo then disseminate it to the world.
- Watch the performance grow in Mintent and easily share the results with the rest of your team